Gorging myself daily on the antics of Donald Trump and his administration over the next four years will not be a pleasant task.
But I will resist. I will help whoever is reading this resist. Resist what, you ask? The alternative facts (the plain person pronounces this as lies)and borrowed fascism that, combined, are ripening in the Trump administration as I type these very words. Over the summer, every week you can count on a brief ledger of his malignancy, corruption, and incompetency… basically all the things that matter. If you’ve missed the previous weeks, click here.
On Wednesday, June 14th…
- It is reported that Donald Trump is under investigation for obstruction of justice, catapulting Special Counsel Robert Mueller once again into the spotlight, along with much speculation that he will be fired soon. However, the White House reports that Trump has no intentions of firing Mueller.
- Trump speaks about the Alexandria shooting
- The LA Times publishes the following doozy, accurately pinpointing that recent Trump drama has kept Americans from paying attention to the looming health care bill revision
On Thursday, June 15th…
- Trump tweets that Hillary Clinton should be investigated for ties to Russia
- It is reported that the pentagon authorized 4,000 more troops to be deployed to Afghanistan
- It is also reported that Mike Pence has hired a criminal lawyer in the face of probes from congress and the special counsel.
- Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly formally revokes an Obama era memo that would have kept immigrant parents safe from deportation
- Dennis Rodman, on a trip to meet with Kim Jong Un in North Korea, gifts the dictator a copy of Trump’s “Art of the Deal”
On Friday, June 16th…
- Trump’s personal finances are revealed, showing he owes $315 million
- Trump announces he will be rolling back Obama era policies regarding America’s relationship with Cuba
- Trump says that he is currently under investigation for obstruction of justice
- Trump hires an inexperienced wedding planner to run federal housing programs in New York. Her name is Lynne Patton and she planned Trump’s sons wedding.
On Saturday, June 17th…
- Sheriff David Clark, the Trump loving coon who has overseen the suspicious deaths of various inmates in his jail, withdraws his name from consideration for assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security
On Sunday, June 18th…
- Trump’s attorney assures that he is not under investigation, which is in direct contradiction to what Trump himself tweeted earlier that morning (and has said previously)
- A US Warplane shoots down a Syrian jet near Raqqah (an ISIS stronghold)
- The New York Times reports that Jared Kushner’s people have been searching for a good criminal lawyer
- Trump tweets he has higher approval ratings than Obama, a lie.
On Monday, June 19th…
- Trump tweets his support for two Republican candidates participating in Tuesday’s special elections (Georgia and South Carolina)
- Trump issues a statement on the death of Otto Warmbier
- Trump says nothing about a crowd of Muslims mowed down outside of a mosque in North London
- The Russian Defense Ministry’s warns that it would target U.S. warplanes flying in a conflict zone of Syria
- Top executives from Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and other tech companies meet at the White House to strategize on updating government technology
- According to US News, “White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer will step back from giving reporters the daily press briefing and is searching for his replacement at the podium.” Speaking of Spicer, during Monday’s press briefings he stipulated that no recordings (audio or visual) be made
On Tuesday, June 20th…
- It is reported by the Washington Post how Trump stands to profit from a subsidized housing complex in New York. He seeks budget cuts in every program except for the one that pays subsidies to private landlords.
- Republicans win both available special election US House seats in Georgia and South Carolina