It is January 26th 2017 . This is 5 year old me with my cousin Shaunte. It’s hard for me to look at this little girl and truly grasp how far she’s come.
I can’t believe that today is real. Not only am I 23 years old, but Intelexual Media has officially launched! I have been OhioStateLexi and XtraXtraLex; those of you who have been around since those days are highly appreciated. You’ve seen me evolve from a primitive version of the woman I am today. I’ve always been outspoken (some would actually call it abrasive) but I have always been transparent about who I am. You know my motto. “I’m a juicy peach, but not everybody likes peaches.” I’m glad that some of you do in fact like peaches, as over 200 people have donated to my gofundme in an effort to help me accomplish my dream of a history themed media company. Even more people helped spread the word, and all of you have my sincerest gratitude. My passion is history. My purpose is spreading knowledge. Thanks for visiting and supporting. Intelexual Media seeks to provide accurate and illuminating information in a down to earth way. Instead of long-winded articles full of jargon and confusing language, I’ve decided to create a place where you can get information that doesn’t bore you to tears. Expect lots of lists, visuals, and concise but juicy essays. Here you will get weekly content involving racism, history, black culture, white supremacy, sexuality, and conversations about black progression all with my special blend of realness and ratchetivity. Some permanent features:
- Looking Back- Everything history
- Black Magic- Vintage photos curated to show the complex experiences of black Americans
- Fast History-Posts that will pad your arsenal of American trivia for the next dinner party, workplace argument, or weed smoking session.
- WCW + MCM – Weekly biographies of some of the black communities most overlooked power players
- Revisiting The Greats– Weekly essays that challenge the notion of the American Hero. Just in time for President’s Month, the first five posts are all about some of the most sanitized figures in American History textbooks.
- Intelexual TV- Weekly videos that discuss an aspect of racism or black socio-economic disadvantages in American History
- “Two Minute History-Primarily for twitter users to enjoy without needing to click over to youtube, these videos will be factually packed and relevant to current events
- Looking Forward – Everything in the here and now
- Primers- Sporadic crash courses on topics that everyone needs to be clear on… from politics to feminism to religion; that will further much needed discourse on various social issues
- Guides- Sporadic posts to help black people progress socially, politically, economically, and physically
- The Trump Tracker- Every Wednesday I recount everything Trump’s administration has done in the past week.
If you see me talking about something on twitter, there is a high chance that I will bring it to this website to discuss with more nuance. Additionally I will provide sporadic posts discussing current events, politics, and pop culture when relevant. You’ll also receive updates about Intelexual Media projects and events, including my first book.
Speaking of my first book, everything is on track for it to be released at the end of March. Keep your eyes peeled for clues about the books topic on my twitter and instagram timelines. The second book that many of you already know about, regarding the history of black sexuality and its effects on racism and intra-racial relationships, is slated for a Summer release.
My sincerest wish is that everytime you click onto this website you learn something new. Intelexual Media is a portal of free knowledge. I encourage everyone to join the discussion and comment… and also be sure to check out links attached to articles so you can do investigating of your own.
This is just the beginning.
January 26, 2017 8:35 pm
I’ve been a fan of you since your OhioStateLexi days– congratulations on this milestone, how exciting!! I look forward to seeing more of your knowledge and insight shared with your readers. I’ve attached the link to my blog in case you’d like to take a look at some of my writing samples. I’m an Indigeouns woman and survivor of sexual assault– those two things have had a strong handle on shaping my identity and it is my goal to reach as many fellow survivors (particularly fellow Indigenous women and women of color) as possible. Please contact me if you’re interested in a collaborative writing project or if you’d like to include a Native perspective to your body of work.
The work you do is so good and so necessary. Thank you for taking the knowledge you learned throughout your formal education, converting it to layman’s terms, and making it accessible to the public.
In love and solidarity,
January 29, 2017 10:31 pm
I love this. Yes ma’am, I definitely want to expand Intelexual Media to include more voices of POC. Please send me an email to email@example.com so I can add you to my contributors group. Ill be commissioning work soon
January 26, 2017 10:03 pm
I’ve been following you on Twitter for a little over two years now and I am so proud that you actually put into fruition all that you destined for. Keep flourishing and developing your craft; the world needs to be exposed to more beautiful black educated women like yourself. Thank you so much for this website and all that you have, and will continue, to accomplish.
January 27, 2017 5:31 am
I’ll be reading. We’ll cross paths soon.
January 27, 2017 6:19 am
I was trying to DM you, but I saw you had them disabled. Anyway I just wanted to say after you tagged me in one of your videos, I looked at the one about the Black Finance Plan and thought it was wonderfully in depth. Where did you learn all of this history from? I’m so interested because I’m currently attending an HBCU and thinking about Minoring in Africana Studies in the future. Thank you and again, I loved your video and plan to watch more in the future 🙂
January 29, 2017 1:12 am
Hello, I just wanted to say I like both your page as your new website. I stumbled upon your page one random day and I’m glad I did. From your informative threads to your perfect comebacks for trolls, it’s all great. How’d you become so knowledgeable? Are there any readings you could suggest? Thanks it’s appreciated.